Monday, August 3, 2009

Google Map of the intersection of 2017 and 2024 totality

I just returned from China and will post my account, video snippets and photos soon. It was so hot and humid there in most parts of China and I was always "shvitzing " (Jewish for sweating profusely )

Some people are thinking already to 2017 and 2024. But I am not waiting until then for my next shot totality and my 9th (I will most likely try for Australia in 2012- not sure about 2010)
Unlike many others during July 22 eclipse, we saw totality mostly 1 minute before the end of totality ( I did get video of the incoming shadow ). Now back in Kansas with the cooler mornings and nights, it is a real feeling to savour. I can only hope that 2017 will have clearer skies (a death ridge High would be good ) to show the grandeur of totality.

Here is a very nice google map showing both paths. You can zoom in on any part of the paths.
http://xjubier.free.fr/en/site_pages/solar_eclipses/TSE_2017_2024_GoogleMapFull.html

No comments: